Tuesday 14 April 2020

CONTEXT OF TEMPLE PRAYER 2 Chronicles 7:14

CONTEXT OF TEMPLE PRAYER 2 Chronicles 7:14












Since the coronavirus outbreak I have been seening this verse up and about.
Each time it is used, people use it to justify the outbreak is "caused by God". In that regard we are to pray so that God avert it.
2 Chronicles 7:12-14:
Later, the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night and told him: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for a sacrificial temple to me.
Whenever I close the skies so there is no rain, or whenever I command locusts to lay waste to the land, or whenever I send epidemics among my people, when my people humble themselves—the ones who are called by my name—and pray, seek me, and turn away from their evil practices, I myself will listen from heaven, I will pardon their sins, and I will restore their land.

.
This verse was made after the temple was built by Solomon. Let me also be very categorical about this verses.
These verses DOES NOT in anyway suggest that God shuts down rain, or brings war or any form if epidemic to attack anyone. I do not know why what people try to gain by being misinformed.
God does not or did not cause any of those issues of death, hate, bigotry, genocide etc in the Old testament attributed to him. Anyone who thinks so is delusional and probably "stupid". (Sorry for the strong words).
Why would God cause something, then turn around to request for prayers to be our savior?
Sometimes I can't fathom why people are bent on using OT passages, evil deeds, to justify their ignorance of God.
This is what happens when people fail to realise the PROGRESSIVE nature and thoughts of ancient people who had a partial or sometimes false understanding of God.
They believed God caused everything on their behalf (good or bad). They aren't far from the truth in that God can only reveal himself to them in that manner since they do not have the kind of "knowledge we have now" through education.
(Likewise, 1000 years from now, people would think we are also wrong about things of God).
The bus stop with Christ. If Jesus can not be the mirror through which God (Love) can be view, such a fellow do not deserve to talk about God or minister to men. All those things you see about God in the OT are just plain shadows.
...
Back to the 2 chronicles 7.
The above verses is in CONTEXT of the TEMPLE. And this is what the Lord said :
2 Chronicles 7:15-16
“Now therefore my eyes will remain open and my ears will REMAIN listening to the prayers that are offered in THIS PLACE. Furthermore, I HAVE chosen and have set apart for myself THIS TEMPLE, intending my name to reside there forever. My eyes and my heart will reside there every day.

.
God is going to answer their prayer based ON or in the TEMPLE. God was telling Solomon his eyes and ears are towards them when the prayer is coming from the TEMPLE.
Let me shock some people.
This TEMPLE DO NOT EXIST AGAIN. So God isn't bound by this statement.
The temple was first destroyed by the Babylonians, rebuilt in by Ezra and Nehemiah. Destroyed and rebuild again by Herod.
JESUS Christ prophesied the Last temple destruction in AD70 (Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21).
Jesus told the woman at the well that GOD IS NOT BOUND BY TEMPLE WORSHIP or prayer (John 4: 20-28)
So why do people IGNORE the words of Jesus, move away from his view and images as God's expressive self, to continue their delusional ego of justifying "evil" using OT Scriptures is beyond me.
Is JESUS no longer enough?
Today is 19th March, 2020, the TEMPLE does not exist anywhere on the planet earth. The temple has not been in existence since AD70 destroyed by the Romans (John 11:47-49).
.
The delusional idea that the "church building" is God's temple is one big insult to Christ or to God.
What do people take God for?
God does not use "evil" as a means to teach anyone a lesson or make us repent or whatever reason?
Why...
Is JESUS NO LONGER ENOUGH?
Is Jesus sacrifice no longer pleasing to God?
Is Jesus no longer a good mediator to God on our behalf?
Is Jesus no longer the life of all men?
Is Jesus no longer the humanity's image in God's eyes?
Etc......
In situation like this, then people's false understanding of God is revealed. Then their trust for Jesus Christ is exposed.
.
Millions of Christians who make all the noise about God or Christ have no idea of the God their worship or claim to know.
Jesus taught us one important thing, God is Human, has feelings and wants the best for us ALWAYS. GOD lives in us, for us, with us and as us.
Christians, is Jesus no longer enough?
Thank God for scientists, who God gives knowledge to help us in situations like this.
God is the Ultimate SCIENTIST. All these shall come to pass.

Jonathan Forgor

No comments:

Post a Comment